Consider this an ongoing list that can be added to at any moment…
1. That having a baby (labor) is exactly how they show you in the movies.
2. That they take your baby away from you and put them in a room with a bunch of other babies and you have to stare at what you think is your baby from a window.
3. That changing diapers is the most disgusting thing every time you do it.
4. That babies are always awake when you want to sleep.
5. That newborn babies don’t know how to smile.
6. That you have to completely know and understand everything in every newborn medical book before actually having the baby.
7. That I will always know why my child is crying and what do to about it.
8. That you can’t ever, under any circumstance, let your baby lay with you in bed.
9. That life would be different but pretty much the same after having a baby.
10. That I’m always going to be the best husband and father at all times.